Vallegrande

Vallegrande
Baptism in Vallegrande

Monday, November 25, 2013

11/25/13 - letter from Josh

So everything is awesome here. I absolutely love the people. They are so nice and friendly. They are just awesome. All of our investigators are the best. So my companion Elder Corrales is from chile! He is seriously awesome. The Lord knew that I would need him. He is 23 and has been out in the field for 10 months
He is an awesome missionary. He cares so much about every investigator. He keeps up working really hard, and is the district leader. So im serving on the outskirtish area of santa cruz. The 3 and 4 ring around the city.
The ward is really small. only 90 to 100 people. And the chapel is tiny! Every day at lunch we go to what is called our pension, and its a family in the ward that feeds us every day. Its usually the only meal we get too.
The week we taught a whole bunch of lessons, and I got to commit someone to baptizm! :) Any questions from anyone??
 
We are emailing from an internet place. There are tons here. Also there are pharmacys like everywhere in the city. Every street just about. Its weird. Also I want to ask all of you guys to do something, they have asked and asked and asked for us to work with the members. It is being pushed a ton. So will you guys maybe once or twice every other week go and teach lessons with the missionaries?? Ive gotten to have members come with me, and the difference is staggering. It is so much better. The missionaries need members to have success. Honestly the difference is amazing. :)
 
Ive had the opportunity here to feel the spirit here like never before. It has been incredible. So I feel like ive had a couple of manifestations of the spirit. Giving me advice :)  Eternal life in the top kingdom of the celestial kingdom is where i want to be. :) and it will require that I find a companion as determined, and willing to work towards it as much as I want it. And that is alot. It will require willingness to change, humbleness, love for others, and a desire to constantly have the spirit as a part of your life. And its hard. So my standards need to be as high as the young woman I will want to marry. Working in our life towards this goal will put our life into harmony with the gospel and bring us nearer to Christ. And you´ll be able to overcome anything :) But you need to have a companion with the same goal! It really is a perfect system the Lord has set up for us :) My testimony has been so strengthened since coming out. And I know its only going to get stronger!  ¨Look unto the Lord in every thought. Doubt not. Fear not.¨ D&C 6:36 follow this scripture and everything will fall into order :)
Love you!
Elder Evenson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment