Vallegrande

Vallegrande
Baptism in Vallegrande

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Mission (March 30th)

This week me and my companion have suffered a bit from sicknesses.
Elder Jones has had stomach issues and I got something called
Chickungunya.

Having Chickungunya gave me an unique experience to reflect upon the
suffering of the Savior. When I woke up Saturday, I arose to such a
pain as I had never before felt in my life. Literally every joint in
my body was in immense pain. I could not even stand or walk without
great pain. It was truly the most painful experience of my entire
life. And feeling such pain, I imagined how could the Savior have
suffered so much more. It was unfathomable to me. But as I reflected
and prayed to the Savior for strength the words of D&C 19:16-19 came
to mind and gave me comfort. The pain that the Lord suffered,
especially in the garden of Gethsemane, was so great that He sweat
great drops of blood. He suffered our pains, afflictions, trials,
sicknesses, doubts, and any other thing that could hurt us. (Luke
22:44, Alma 7:11-13) The Savior suffered all so that in the last day
we wouldn´t have to; if it is that we accept Him and His teachings. I
prayed that my experience would help me have more compassion for
others in the future.

But, I´m so excited for general conference next week!! I hope all of
you are as well! Prepare a question, any question, and Heavenly Father
will help you answer it through the voice of His servants, the
prophets! It´s the best really. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Elder Evenson


 NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment