Vallegrande

Vallegrande
Baptism in Vallegrande

Monday, September 1, 2014

7 investigators!!!

I ate a milkshake for breakfast :D not super healthy I know haha :D A powdery substance blended with frozen milk. haha not a healthy version with the actual fruit, however on occasion we do eat that.
Ok so for the news of the week, we worked really really hard this week and saw some great success! We had 7 investigators go the church, 5 for the first time. So we were pretty excited for that. We had an unusually high number of lessons for the week and saw some good progress. Hard work always pays off. And I also realized that working just a bit harder can make a big difference and it really doesn´t require all that much more effort on our part. It´s so much about the energy and excitement we have. Also making good goals to help us stretch to our potential. There is also so much power in a testimony. Declaring the things you know to be true. The Spirit can testify so strongly with a heartfelt and true testimony. I´m learning and growing so much. I have so many experiences everyday here in Bolivia as a missionary that I would probably almost never have there in Idaho. I do love being a missionary though. I could be one forever and be happy :)

Hahaha that kills me that Brandon killed the raccoon right before the bishopric meeting :D And wow! Our house is so beautiful! I almost forgot :D I love Idaho :) Looks like a ton of fun.

There is a quote in my scriptures from President Ezra Taft Benson that says something like this, ¨When obedience ceases to be an irritant, but becomes our quest, it is in that moment that God endows us with His power.¨ Pretty cool huh? I sure like that quote :) It´s all in the attitude.

Too bad for Mckade though. I´m sure his coaches have something important to teach him with that position. It´s kind of like a calling, perhaps we don´t always feel like we´re the best person for the job, or it might not be the most exciting, but there is always something important to learn. Perhaps there´re just testing how well Mckade will respond and still work as part of the team with all his heart. Hard to believe he´s in high school now! And wade´s going to finish it!

We take lots of buses here in Camiri. And lots of taxis. We´re always running late for lessons because we always want to teach too much. It´s so hard to factor in all the time it takes to travel between lessons!! We do also walk a lot. But that´s all. We take at least one bus everyday. Some days 5 or 6 times :D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment