Vallegrande

Vallegrande
Baptism in Vallegrande

Monday, April 27, 2015

Missionary Life!

This week I was given the opportunity to reflect on the meaning of life and the plan of Salvation.

Last Wednesday, very unexpectedly, a young father that I had been teaching, who is member, died in a tragic electrical accident. He went out to work at 4 in the morning, and had a visit with us at 11, but never showed up. The hospital contacted his family. The next day we entered him into his grave. I was asked to dedicate the grave. He was dear friend of mine and I could learn many things from him.

Inicially I felt great sorrow, especially for the family he left behind. But as I thought of the plan of salvation, I was conforted. We are eternal beings! Before we came to the earth we lived! Our time here on earth is but a small moment. And we will live after. We came here to earth to be tested, to prove to God and to ourselves that we truly love Him. That we would do His will. He promises us that as we do so, we will grow more than we can possible imagine, and that we shall inherit ¨thrones, prinicipalities, dominions, and kingdoms¨ if we endure to the end. We are all intended to become even as our Heavenly Father! That is His great plan! It is only sometimes hard to see because we are shrouded with the mask of life and death, and we can not see the end. But how grateful I am for an eternal perspective. A perspective that gives meaning to all I do. I know that one day I shall be able to see Jhonny again, and we will rejoice in the time we had to share and grow together.

Have a wonderful week, and be eternally grateful for all the many blessings in your lives. You never know when your time will come. Always show appreciation to those you love most. :)
Elder Evenson

No comments:

Post a Comment