Vallegrande

Vallegrande
Baptism in Vallegrande

Monday, December 16, 2013

12-16-13

Here is as string of emails from Josh this morning, along with a great
bunch of pictures showing where he lives (pictures aren't posting, so I'll try to post them later )!

So this week there isnt too much to talk about I don´t think.. all of
our original dates for baptisms fell through. But apparently that
happens all the time here. This particular area is really rough. Elder
Corrales has only had 2 baptisms in the 4 months he has been here. In
his other area he had 10. The ward doesnt really help us here, and
haha it is barely functioning by itself. So we´re having to spend most
of our time working with members of the ward and the inactive members.
Did I tell you that I started a class for english?? I had 9 people
come yesterday! It was way fun. And half of those nine were inactive
members! :) How is everything going for you all there??

I havent heard from any friends except from Walker one time. I did
know that sam was doing that :) Not the clogging, but the guitar.
Thats super cool. We have to clean our house, but its not hard because
it is tiny :D No i like food too much to only eat once :D haha i find
a way usually. People will just feed us, or ill get some bread. Its
super cheap anyway. And yes ive definitly lost weight :D My pants are
all loose hahaha not sure how much though. but im also working out
every morning and that helps.

Here are some more of our house. And yes, the walls are just blankets
:D in the front at least :D when I first saw it I was like, what in
the world am I doing here :D Thats it, im going home. haha but its all
good now :) the blankets are in front, then there is a small hallway
with our room and bathroom. Super tiny. we are living above the
apartment of a member family. But no everything here is gated. Like
with big locks and everything. So not much of a problem. Yeah no air
conditioning, so on the nights that it is really hot, it is rough. I
just sleep on top of my blankets and am fine. I do sit ups and push
ups in the mornings. I really focus on sit ups right now though. Its
pretty great.

Elder corrales is from Santiago, Chile. haha :D all my companions so
far that ahve been latino have been chileans :D

Who told you wealthy? But yes, a part is. There are mansions and huge
gates. They are gorgeous. But we dont go there. Ever. We stick to the
regular people :D We walk. And walk. And walk. Buses for far away
places, and seldom taxis. The people here are so warm and inviting.
All super nice. :) And I told you the challenge. The ward isnt
functional :) haha but we are working on it!

street pics and the front of our house. We live in the back though so
you cant see it.

The people here are all very humble. Not much money. For example, i
bought a really nice pair of jeans for 10 bucks in american dollars.
All my groceries for the week cost like 70 bolivianos, which is about
10 dollars. :D

No that is the familia Rojo. They are awesome :) I´ll get a pic this
week for you. Its nice because we have paved streets for sure :D
everywhere else is just tons of sand :D yeaaaaah our part of the house
isnt nice. ive been to two other missionaries homes and ours is the
most sketch by far :D Alrighy my time is up so love you all! :) Have
a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment